Background

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The proverbial ducks...

Hello, all!  It's been awhile, hasn't it?  I spent most of last week and every day this week at school getting my ducks in a row.  I've resolved several years in a row to get more organized, and I think I've made progress every year.  This year, I'd like to tackle the clutter on my desk.  In the past, there's been a pile on the right side of my desk where papers and productivity go to die, and I want it gone!  I snagged a few drawer organizers at good old Wal-Mart and labeled one of them to help me to corral the chaos on my desk.  It turned out super cute!  Those 97 cent stickers work wonders, I tell you!


I'm going to use the other drawer organizers I bought to store the materials I'll need for upcoming lessons.  Because our school operates on a block schedule, I labeled them with the days of the week for which they'll house papers.  Again, I those letter stickers are the best 97 cents I've ever spent!

I also made this to do list out of a cheap picture frame and card stock that I cut with the Cricut.  Here's hoping that it will help keep me focused!


I'm especially proud of the bookshelf I moved to the front of the room.  I bought some cheap fabric bins that match my classroom decor (I'm working on it; it should be all pretty and shiny soon), and I'm using them to store dry erase markers, scissors, glue, student white boards, and all the other materials my students use on a regular basis.  This way students will have better access to what they need, and my room will look pretty too! 



In our school we have ACRES of bulletin boards.  I mean it.  Come measure them.  While it's nice to display student work, it can be daunting to keep up with them.  I'm incredibly thankful that I have such great teammates-we have ALL of our bulletin boards covered and bordered, and we've gotten a pretty decent start on decorating them as well.  I'll post pics when they're finalized. 

Well.  I'm tired just from writing about it.  Really, I've been spending my days hanging out and crafting with friends, so I shouldn't be too tired.  In reality, though, I'm spent.  I definitely have to rebuild my stamina to survive the school year.  We start class at 7:35, after all (last year, we started at 8:50), and I don't have first block plan like I did last year, either.  Any good ideas for getting back onto a good sleep/work schedule?  I've been going to bed around 1, waking up to work out with a friend at 7:30, and then coming home and napping until around 10...  Help! 

On a less work-ish note, this weekend, my sister is getting married.  I'm super excited for her!  I'll be out of town all weekend, which will force me to abandon my grueling schedule of gossip and crafts.  I'll be glad for a break.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment