Background

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Gearing up!

It feels to me like summer's winding down.  I know that I still have a few weeks left (we don't have inservice unitl August 14), but that doesn't seem like that long to me!  I'm starting to feel the need to get back into the swing of things. So today, I stopped by my classroom.  I printed off a few things and did very minimal work, but it feels good just to be back!  After a couple of hours, I headed back home for some Cricut and Dr. Phil (the best combination since PB & J, if you ask me), and I put together a few things for my classroom. 

I'll laminate this poster and write sponge activities on it.  It will be posted at the front of my classroom. 
My Teacher Notebook is taking shape.  I glued the dividers I'd made onto tab dividers so that my binder would be easier to flip through.  I plan to laminate and hole punch them soon!
I put together these little signs for the white board at the front of my classroom.  They'll help to delinate the different categories in our class objectives, and I've got a plan to keep vocabulary more front-and-center in my classroom this year (that's what the Weekly Words sign is for).  Stay tuned! 


 Are you feeling the back to school itch yet?  What are you doing to get ready?

2 comments:

  1. Hello and welcome to the blogging world! It's not often I see blogs from departmentalized middle school classrooms, so I was happy to find you.

    It seems that you are off to a great start and I'm awarding you the One Lovely Blog Award. Click on the link above to grab it.

    Happy Blogging!
    Carla
    Surviving Sixth Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Carla! I explored your blog, and it's great! :)

    ReplyDelete