Background

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Evidence

Something that's been really difficult for my students in the past is citing evidence to support their answers.  Our school district making the transition to the Common Core standards next year, and this means that citing evidence is more important than ever.  So I went searching for ways to help students cite evidence, and I found a free handout on Pinterest.  I wanted a constant visual reminder for students, so I created the posters below based on the handout that I found.  I plan on posting them at the front of my classroom, which, by the way, is coming along nicely.  I should be able to post some pics soon!  You can find these posters for free at my Teacher's Notebook store.  Here are some pics!




On a more personal note, my sister's bachelorette party (which I'm throwing) is tomorrow night.  I'm extremely nervous because I'm not exactly what you'd call a party girl.  (Unless we're talking slumber parties.  I make a mean at-home facial.  Also, I freeze bras like a pro.)  I just hope that it goes well and that my sister has a great time! 

I'm really nervous about what I'm going to wear.  Partially because it's supposed to be well over 100 degrees, and partially because I'm not so great at dressing to go out on the town.  School and weekend fashion I've got a pretty good handle on, but I'm not so great at party fashion.  I tend to come off looking like I just left work.  Here's hoping skinny black pants and a sequined top will suffice.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment